Monday, March 17, 2008

Week 9, Thing # 23

Wow! I can't believe we're at the end of the line! This has been a fantastic learning journey. Before taking this course, I had only briefly heard of these new technologies, so having this kind of opportunity to learn about and experiment with them has been tremendously helpful.

1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
I enjoyed all of them, especially Flickr, online image generators, RSS feeds, and online documents.

2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
It has re-energized me and provided me with a working knowledge of these new technologies.

3. Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
There were so many, it's difficult to choose. The online image generator will address my immediate need to find icons for my online catalog, and I plan on introducing the online presentation tools to my students in response to their current, somewhat cumbersome, practice of emailing documents back and forth to themselves.

4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
I would like more time to explore each topic. Maybe a few more directed activities would be helpful.

5. If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?
Yes!

6. How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote CSLA learning activities?
This experience will refresh my teaching practice.

No comments: